[sane-devel] [janitorial] Upcoming release: 1.0.29

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Thu Dec 19 19:27:27 GMT 2019

Hi,

Am 17.12.19 um 10:11 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
> Seriously though, what's ready for release goes to master, the rest can
> stay on a branch until after the release.  Or, we can create a separate
> release branch sometime early January if that is more convenient.

gitflow suggests to create a release branch (here: release/1.0.29) at
feature freeze and merge it back to develop (in our case: master) after
the release has been tagged published.

gitflow suggests to merge releases into master branch and doing all
other work in a develop branch with separate feature branches (we
already started using some). We don't need the future release stuff and
hotfixing old releases. Only 3 main branches: master for the merged
releases, develop with it's feature branches and from time to time a new
release branch, started from recent develop. This is what we're doing at
work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf