[sane-devel] xsane 0.999 issues, possible bugs.

Lionel Saph mail at lionelsaph.com
Sat Dec 21 13:30:48 GMT 2019

I find xsane 0.999  to be very good software but there are two issues that affect me that I believe may be "bugs":

Scanner:   Epson GT-20000 via LAN
OS:        Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Memory:    32GiB
Processor: Intel® Core(tm) i5-8259U CPU @ 2.30GHz × 8
Graphics:  Intel® HD Graphics (Coffeelake 3x8 GT3)
Gnome:     3.28.2
OS type:   64-bit

I use xsane mainly for scanning documents in greyscale.

Issue1:
Change Document Location to/from Flatbed to/from Document Feeder: Already selected A4 Portrait  changes Bottom-right y [cm] from 29.718 to 43.18
Change Document Location to/from Flatbed to/from Document Feeder: Already selected A4 Landscape changes Bottom-right y [cm] from 29.718 to 43.18
Request1: Please remove this behaviour.

Issue2:
Resolution List gives minimum resolution of 384;
I prefer to scan at 200 resolution, 384 takes longer and produces files of considerably larger size.
With Show Resolution List OFF, the resolutions, x and y, always default to 25,
Save Device Settings with x and y = 200 does not restore 200 upon restart;
Even if file "Epson:GT-20000.drc" has x and y resolutions as 200, xsane 0.999 still starts with x and y as 25.
Request2: Please allow custom resolutions to be restored upon restart.

Many thanks,
Lionel Saph.