[sane-devel] Announcing AirSane, an Apple AirScan compatible server frontend

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 16:53:57 GMT 2019

On 26/12/2019 12:02, Thierry HUCAHRD wrote:

> Hi Till,
> I plan to work on ippusbxd in February to allow eSCL to use it.

Great, I am looking forward for your contributions. Feel free to post Issues
(bugs and feature requests) and Pull Requests on the GitHub of ippusbxd. By the
way, what is your GitHub user name?

Especially I need a way how to discover from the device which services it
actually provides (printing, scanning, admin web interface, IPP System Service,
...) so that ippusbxd advertises it correctly via DNS-SD. Currently, the DNS-SD
record is hard-coded to only a printer with an admin web interface.

> I didn't make a comparison:
> The escl backend works perfectly with xsane is single-scan. I think it works
> just as well with airscan.
> The big differences are on the dependencies libsoup or libcurl, glib or not.

OK, here one must simply check which libraries are fully integrated in the
distribution's core parts.

    Till