[sane-devel] sane-airprint

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 01:24:32 GMT 2019

On 26/12/2019 17:52, Thierry HUCAHRD wrote:
> Hi Till
> We have worked with more than 10 different brands of scanners.
> The eSCL backend integrated in sane has already solved the problem.
> The size of the calculated image is wrong compared to the received one.

Thierry, you are the winner for now. Your "escl" backend did not auto-discover
the network presence of my device via DNS-SD (Alexander's "airscan" backend
does), but manually entering the data into the escl.conf file I am able to scan!
And it works both via network and via USB with ippusbxd.

For accessing via the network I enter:

----------
[device]

model DeskJet 2540
type http
ip 192.168.43.161
port 8080

and for accessing via USB with ippusbxd I enter:

[device]

model USB via ippusbxd
type http
ip 127.0.0.1