[sane-devel] [janitorial] Gearing up for 1.0.29

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sat Dec 28 11:03:27 GMT 2019

Hi all,

After I posted my intent to release 1.0.29 on 2020-01-20, Ralph rolled
up his sleeves and started whacking compiler warnings ;-)  That got me
off my butt and now we have fixed all the compiler warnings on Debian 10
except for a select few.  Those have MRs that look good enough to make
it into 1.0.29.  See #120 for the current state.

The escl backend that was recently merged has grown support for PNG and
TIFF in !283 and may just make the cut for 1.0.29 if I can wrap my head
around the changes.
Ordissimo is working on PDF support as well but I'm not sure it'll make
the cut.

There is a merge request for a backend that adds support for the Canon
LiDE 70 and LiDE 600 but I think that will not make the cut due to time
constraints.

The way things are looking now, I think I'll cut a release branch in the
first week of January.  The release branch will only get fixes for what
is really broken on that branch.  Any other changes can and should go to
master.  After the release, changes on the release branch will be merged
onto master.

For any MRs that don't make the 1.0.29 cut, don't despair!
The one after 1.0.29 is slated for July 2020.

Hope this helps,