[sane-devel] [janitorial] Gearing up for 1.0.29

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 31 04:40:41 GMT 2019

Hi all,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi all,
>
> After I posted my intent to release 1.0.29 on 2020-01-20, Ralph rolled
> up his sleeves and started whacking compiler warnings ;-)  That got me
> off my butt and now we have fixed all the compiler warnings on Debian 10
> except for a select few.  Those have MRs that look good enough to make
> it into 1.0.29.  See #120 for the current state.

The Debian 10 builds are free of compiler warnings now!
A big thanks to Ralph for helping out.  Much appreciated.

> The escl backend that was recently merged has grown support for PNG and
> TIFF in !283 and may just make the cut for 1.0.29 if I can wrap my head
> around the changes.

These look good and will make the cut for 1.0.29.

> Ordissimo is working on PDF support as well but I'm not sure it'll make
> the cut.

This will be for the one after 1.0.29.

> There is a merge request for a backend that adds support for the Canon
> LiDE 70 and LiDE 600 but I think that will not make the cut due to time
> constraints.

And this too.

> The way things are looking now, I think I'll cut a release branch in the
> first week of January.  The release branch will only get fixes for what
> is really broken on that branch.  Any other changes can and should go to
> master.  After the release, changes on the release branch will be merged
> onto master.

I've added one MR (!289) that re-enables building of the kvs40xx and
mustek-usb2 backends for pthread libraries with non-arithmatic pthread_t
types that might make it in.  This affects our Alpine builds as well as
the BSDs.

> For any MRs that don't make the 1.0.29 cut, don't despair!
> The one after 1.0.29 is slated for July 2020.

Hope this helps,