[sane-devel] [sane-announce] XSane source code now hosted at GitLab.com

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Feb 20 12:19:24 GMT 2019

Dear all,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the XSane source code is back online.
>
> In the summer of last year I mentioned that Oliver Rauch, XSane author
> and maintainer, had taken xsane.org off-line due to the burden imposed
> by the GDPR[1].  I also mentioned the possibility of hosting the XSane
> code under the SANE Project's "umbrella".
>
>  [1]: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/2018-August/036291.html
>
> Since then I have been working on-and-off with Oliver to get the source
> back online.  Oliver has kindly provided an archive of all the releases
> he could find on his disks.  I have used that to reconstruct the code's
> history as well as possible, cleaning up a bit along the way.

I noticed that I didn't clean up as well as I could have :-(

Files created by running ./configure ended up in the repository and a
number of files that shouldn't had their execute bits set.

I have addressed that and *force* pushed a cleaned up repository.

If you cloned the previous repository and did not edit anything, just
remove your checkout and clone again.

If you have local changes, use git diff and/or git format-patch to
(re)apply your changes to a new clone.  Once you have confirmed that
your changes are properly applied to the new clone you can remove the
old one.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

> You can find the result at
>
>   https://gitlab.com/sane-project/frontend/xsane