[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.4.0 released
jffry at posteo.net
Sun Feb 24 11:38:12 GMT 2019
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.4.0:
* Offer to switch from Facing to Reverse after scanning double-sided
pages. Closes feature request #100
* + Edit profile functionality to scan dialog.
* Reset scan options to defaults before applying profile
* + Split screen view for image and OCR output.
Closes feature request #57 (Ability to view OCR output and Image at
* Switched to GIMP-like controls - LMB for selecting and MMB for
* + crop to toolbar and RMB menus
* Fix saving as TIFF G3/4 if image not depth 1
* Update to German translation (thanks to Stephan Woidowski)
* Update to Ukranian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
* Update to Italian translation (thanks to batman)
Closes feature request #105 and patch #20 (update italian translation)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel