[sane-devel] scanimage -L not responding

Andrea Vai andrea.vai at unipv.it
Mon Jan 7 14:26:26 GMT 2019

Hi,
  when I try the scanimage -L command there is no output, even if I
wait many minutes.

I am trying with two Canon scanners (one 650U and one Lide20), and
both give the same result.

  In my network there are a lot of scanners which (I think) can slow
down the scanimage -L command. As I need to use my USB scanner only,
and supposing that the hang is due to network search/issues, is there
a way to exclude the network scanners from the detection? Does anybody
have please some hint to solve the problem?

Thank you,
best regards
Andrea

scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.27; backend version 1.0.27
Fedora 28