[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 300 on Raspbian - No scanners were identified.

r. a. schmied uwppp at flash.net
Mon Jul 8 16:56:38 BST 2019

Jakub Jakubowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connect my canon LiDE 300 scanner to Raspberry pi 3B
> (Raspbian wheezy) but so far with not result. I've built from the most
> recent master (7b2d2cd0).
> Configured as ./configure BACKENDS="pixma" --with-usb , made and installed.
>
> Sane-find-scanner  finds the device, but scanimage -L does not (both ran as
> sudo).
>
> Could anyone please help me find the cause of the problem?

aloha jakub

lide300 is gensys_gl847 (at least for the pre-c++ genesys stuff).  see
the sane-genesys.1 man page for the debug environment vars you might
try setting.  you might also need to set sanei related envvars too for
the io channel you are using (serial, scsi, usb, etc), but right now
i'm not seeing a man page that documents such.

of course for any of this to work the sane-backends will have to be
built with debugging support enabled.

nb: you indicate backends included pixma but as i note my old sane-backends
show the lide300 as a gensys_gl847?.  there may be a mis-match.  what
output does ./tools/sane-find-scanner actually list?

bash example:
   (  SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_CONFIG=4  SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=4 \
      SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=4       SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=6 \
      ./frontend/scanimage -x 215 -y 25 --resolution 75 --format pnm \
      2>try_x215y25.log >try_x215y25.pnm )

in addition you might to test the backend on you pi device:
  ./frontend/scanimage --test --verbose  2>lide300_test.log

ras