[sane-devel] any 'modern' multifunction dupley device suported by sane?

Jochen Rupp jochen_rupp at web.de
Thu Jul 11 12:34:14 BST 2019

Hi alltogether,

after some experiences with sane and my Samsung Pro-Xpress 2670FW I now have to buy a new multifunction printer/scanner because the 2670 is broken.

Searching for a new device that ideally supports all my needs:
- multifunction color laser or led
- compatible with Win 10, MacOSX >10.14 and Linux (Armbian at cubietruck with CLI sane, without graphical desktop)
- DADF/SPDF Duplex fully supported by sane
results in some current modells but none of them can be found in the sane supported devices list!?

The other way round, looking at the supported device list and searching for a device that is 'completely' or at least 'good' supported by sane, it's hard to tell, whether this device fits all my needs (see above) and many of these devices are quite old/outdated...!?

Can someone of you help me please? Is there any current device (price up to about 700€) that fits all my needs and is supported by sane (without graphical desktop)

Many thanks in advance and best reegards,
Jochen