[sane-devel] Canon Pixma G3000 series scanner wireless support

Henry Blopes henryblopes.1646 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 03:05:51 BST 2019

Hello. I am having some trouble trying to get my G3000 series (G3111) pixma
scanner recognized:

henry at BEHEMOTH:~$ scanimage -L
[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] bjnp_init_device_structure: Cannot read mac address, skipping this
scanner
[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] add_scanner: ERROR - Cannot read scanner make & model: bjnp://
192.168.1.36:8612/timeout=10000

henry at BEHEMOTH:~$ cat /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf
# pixma.conf configuration for the sane pixma backend
#
# bjnp-timeout=5000
# Specify the timeout (in ms) to be used for all the folllowing
# scanners.
# May be specified multiple times.
# The last value (if any) will be used for auto-detection
#
# define URI's of scanners (one per line)
# This is only used for network scanners.
# normally scanners will be detected by sending a broadcast
# if this does not work under your OS, or if the scanners
# are on a different subnet, configure your scanners URI here
#
# method must be bjnp
# port number can normally be left out, port 8612 is used as default
# The timeout parameter sets a timeout value for the scanner on
# the same line
# Example:
# bjnp://myscanner.my.domain:8612 // uses the default 1000ms timeout
# bjnp-timeout=5000
# bjnp://printer-1.pheasant.org // will use the 5000 ms timeout
# bjnp://scanner.bad-network.org/timeout=1500 // timeout set to 1500 ms
# bjnp-timeout=3000 // will be used for auto-detected scanners
#
bjnp://192.168.1.36

Wifi printer is working ok, but not the scanner.