[sane-devel] Scanner Lide 220

r. a. schmied uwppp at flash.net
Thu Jul 18 17:55:22 BST 2019

Frank Kroschewski wrote:
> Hi, my name is Frank and I use the Canon Lide 220 scanner under Linux
> Mint 18.3. Rolf Bensch's current Sane backend for Xsane doesn't work
> with the Lide 220, Xsane crashes. I contacted Rolf Bensch and he said
> that this is a problem with the Genesys backend and he can't help. I
> hope you can help.
>
> Yours sincerely
> Frank Kroschewski

aloha frank

i'm fairly sure the sane gurus can help you, but they will need
a bit more info relative to the problem you are experiencing.

xsane crashes, but does scanimage (rtfm scanimage(1) from the
command line work?

what does scanimage -L report?

rtfm sane-genesys(1) and see if there are any clues there that
might help you help yourself.

finally, you might get clues by reading thru the sane-devel archives
for the lide-220.

best of luck

ras