[sane-devel] Code freeze and release preparations for 1.0.28 (was Re: [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28)

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 17:07:34 BST 2019

 Hi,I don't mind having a look at en_GB.What is involved?
Cheers,Ralph

    On Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 5:35:21 a.m. PDT, Olaf Meeuwissen <paddy-hack at member.fsf.org> wrote:

 Hi again all,

Still following the release schedule on our [1.0.28 milestone][1], our
master branch is now (2019-07-24 12:00UTC) in code freeze.  Please do
*not* push/merge to master unless it fixes

 - hardware destroying bugs (no reports at present),
 - compile failures (our CI is clean so we're looking good),
 - completely unusable backends, or
 - documentation

In case of doubt, ping the list or [submit an issue][2].

 [1]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/milestones/2
 [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/issues

@povilas> Thanks for fixing that genesys backend calibration file bug.
          See https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/issues/97

I've been tinkering with our project's [Releases page][3] on GitLab.com.
When we moved, that page didn't exist yet and I put our "releases" so
far on the repository's [Tags][4] page for lack of a better alternative.
GitLab.com seeded the former from the latter but that created quite a
mess in terms of version ordering for the Releases.  That has now been
sorted out.  I still want to convert the notes to Markdown, though.
When we release 1.0.28, the Releases page will be updated automatically,
courtesy of our CI!

 [3]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/releases
 [4]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/tags

We now have a week to update translations as well.  I just pushed a sync
of all the po/*.po files against the latest source.  I thought of Cc:ing
the Last-Translator entries in those files, but most of those addresses
are so old I figured I'd better not.  For the recent ones, coverage is
pretty good already.  Here are some stats, sorted by percentage of the
strings that are translated.

  Translated  Fuzzy  Untranslated
  100.00%      0.00%      0.00%: uk.po
  99.33%      0.42%      0.25%: he.po
  99.33%      0.42%      0.25%: ca at valencia.po
  99.33%      0.42%      0.25%: ca.po
  98.24%      0.75%      1.00%: nl.po
  84.95%      6.27%      8.78%: sv.po
  75.33%      8.70%    15.97%: de.po
  74.75%      8.86%    16.39%: fr.po
  74.67%      8.95%    16.39%: pl.po
  72.07%    10.12%    17.81%: gl.po
  72.07%    10.12%    17.81%: es.po
  68.65%    11.79%    19.57%: en_GB.po
  66.47%    12.79%    20.74%: eo.po
  65.55%    13.55%    20.90%: it.po
  56.77%    16.64%    26.59%: da.po
  56.35%      9.78%    33.86%: ja.po
  52.34%    17.89%    29.77%: fi.po
  52.17%    18.14%    29.68%: bg.po
  49.41%    16.64%    33.95%: ru.po
  49.25%    19.15%    31.61%: cs.po
  21.82%    13.96%    64.21%: pt.po
  16.89%    16.14%    66.97%: nb.po
  15.64%    11.12%    73.24%: hu.po

I will fix up nl.po myself but the rest is for interested parties (I may
take a look at ja.po and en_GB.po, though).  If you intend to work on
any of these files, please let the list know so we can coordinate
things.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2            FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27
 GnuPG key: F84A2DD9/B3C0 2F47 EA19 64F4 9F13  F43E B8A4 A88A F84A 2DD9

sane-devel mailing list: sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net
            to sane-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org