[sane-devel] Configuring OCR tool

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:08:30 BST 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 7:03 PM Business Kid <Business_kid at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> All this gets me no nearer configuring Xsane. Is anybody listening there on sane-devel? Do you guys not know? I'm one step short of downloading source and grepping it!

Please do.
Your questions does not make sense. xsane (and other tools like
xscanimage) deals with _image_ acquisition. What happens after you get
the image(s) off the scanner is for the next tool in your processing
pipeline.

> gscan2pdf, eh?
> That sounds like a gnome thing, doesn't it? Gnome I don't remember well. I'm on Slackware64 here, and you're probably

Assuming things are you?
Instead of doing all this asking, why don't you simply download
gscan2pdf, try it out and see if it works for you?
FWIW, gscan2pdf is developed by an independent developer, not by the
SANE project.

I speak only for myself.
--
Regards,