[sane-devel] Possible to make test backend to slow down?

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Jun 12 12:29:34 BST 2019

Hi,

Sorry, should have replied sooner :-/

I've seen the follow-up by Povilas and Allan but think my reply is more
appropriate here.

r. a. schmied writes:

> Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>
>> Jeff writes:
>>>
>>>On my Debian system, I can edit /etc/sane.d/test.conf and change the
>>>defaults.
>>
>> This is also documented in the manual page for the test backend.
>
> saners
>
> in particular genesys_gl847
>
> a query or two about <backend>.conf file
>
>   1) do all, most, some backends support such runtime argument
>      alterations?

Each backend basically does it own thing.  There is nothing that tries
to impose any kind of "standard".  Some backends use it to tweak their
device detection routines, other to set some defauls and some do a bit
of both.

Your best bet is the sane-BE manual page for each BE backend.  Next best
are the comments in the BE.conf file, if any.
# In the sources, you can find them as backend/BE.conf.in.

Hope this helps,