[sane-devel] Possible to make test backend to slow down?

r. a. schmied uwppp at flash.net
Wed Jun 12 13:54:32 BST 2019

r. a. schmied wrote:
> Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry, should have replied sooner :-/
>>
>> I've seen the follow-up by Povilas and Allan but think my reply is more
>> appropriate here.
>>
>> r. a. schmied writes:

>>> saners
>>>
>>> in particular genesys_gl847
>>>
>>> a query or two about <backend>.conf file
>>>
>>>  1) do all, most, some backends support such runtime argument
>>>     alterations?
>>

>> Each backend basically does it own thing.  There is nothing that tries
>> to impose any kind of "standard".  Some backends use it to tweak their
>> device detection routines, other to set some defauls and some do a bit
>> of both.
>>
>> Your best bet is the sane-BE manual page for each BE backend.  Next best
>> are the comments in the BE.conf file, if any.
>> # In the sources, you can find them as backend/BE.conf.in.
>

> ok i'll take a look.
>
> ras

humm -- well i don't see any BE.conf (or sane-BE.man) [and did
ignore the case as well] in sane-backends-master-e13b80fa but
gnu grepping around i did find a bunch of *.conf files with
option entries.  the general syntax seems to be

      'option' <whitespace> 'argument_name_or_id' <whitespace> 'argument_value'

but i'll peruse these to see if there is a usb example i can
use to confirm things.

following up from yesterday it seems the sun sol10 sparc std c lib
does the right thing with strncmp but why isn't the sanei_configure_attach
function entering the inner while loop (around line 305 or so)

           /* search for a matching descriptor */
           i = 0;
           found = SANE_FALSE;
           while (config!=NULL && i < config->count && !found)

something is still a-miss somewhere but i'm not seeing it yet.

aloha

ras