[sane-devel] Possible to make test backend to slow down?

r. a. schmied uwppp at flash.net
Thu Jun 13 15:36:58 BST 2019

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> r. a. schmied writes:
>
>>r. a. schmied wrote:

>>>[...]
>>
>>humm -- well i don't see any BE.conf (or sane-BE.man) [and did
>>ignore the case as well] in sane-backends-master-e13b80fa [...]
>

> Sorry for not being clear (enough).  I had hoped it was "obvious" that
> the BE stood for whatever backend you're interested in.  We have about
> 94 of them in sane-backends :-)
>
> In your case, BE=genesys, that'd become sane-genesys, genesys.conf and
> backend/genesys.conf.in, respectively.
>
> # Perhaps I should have added a $ and write sane-$BE?

aloha olaf

well i must have still been asleep -- sane-$BE might have caused
some other neurons to fire but sane-<BE> or sane-<backend> with
or without the <> chars certainly would have at least i think so
in hindsight.

and you are correct about each sane-<backend> fully documenting
it's unique processing of it's <backend>.conf file, but it seems
that is not always the case.  plus add to it a backend that relies
on sanei/sanei-config sanei_configure_attach, which at least from
my point-of-view could do a better job, plus has no associated
documentation (that i have found) and we find ourselves in the
current state ...

i'm about 50% of the way done with a strawman sane-backend_conf.man
file.  so stay tuned...

ras