[sane-devel] Epson W- 2630 – with ADF scan area is shifted 5.9 mm to the left

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Fri Mar 8 07:55:16 GMT 2019

Hi,

scanning DIN A4 a paper sheet from the flatbed works correctly, but when
using the ADF the scan area is shifted 6 mm to the left, i.e on the left
side of the scan there are missing 5.9 mm of the original and on the
right side there is a 5.9 mm black border.

The cause seems clear: The scan unit area is 215.9 mm = 8.5" but a DIN
A4 paper sheet is only 210 mm. When using the ADF, a DIN A4 paper sheet
is mechanically shifted to the right edge of the scan unit area. But the
driver or the SANE-framework does not recognize this offset correctly.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and installed the drivers from here:
http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/searchModule

Ho can I tweak the SANE configuration to correct the offset?

-Ulf