[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.5.3 released
jffry at posteo.net
Mon May 20 18:34:56 BST 2019
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.5.3:
* Split up messages from gimp and unpaper to allow them to be ignored
more easily. Closes bug #321 (Error messages when returning from
editing a scanned document using gimp)
* Trap invalid dates in metadata.
Closes bug #323 (Crash when saving with invalid date)
* Use GTK's FontChooserDialog for selecting font for OCR output in PDF
* Moved font discovery to program start to accelerate display of save
* Removed owner password, as it does not encrypt.
* Don't reset to defaults if no scan options set. Closes bug #324
(Changing scan resolution from the default 100 ppi to 200 ppi creates
invalid syntax for sane parameters)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Stephan Woidowski)
* Update to Italian translation (thanks to Albano Battistella)
* Update to Ukranian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel