[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 90

Povilas Kanapickas povilas at radix.lt
Sat Nov 2 11:55:09 GMT 2019

Hi Ralph,

On 11/1/19 8:05 PM, Ralph Little wrote:
> Hi,
> Is the CanoScan LIDE 90 still unsupported (as it says in the supported
> scanner list)?
> If so, is it worth getting hold of one for dev work?
> Do you have one Povilas?

Currently, yes, the scanner is completely not supported, but I have the
scanner and will soon look into it. Internets say it has GL842 chip
inside, which means that it'll need a lot of work in order to be
supported, as currently there's no other supported scanners using that chip.

>From my side I would recommend looking into GL646 scanners. I only had
HP 2300 for testing, but I did a lot of changes in the area and thus
probably broke many of the other scanners. The breakage would be
relatively simple to fix and not very hard to find using bisecting, so
it's a great way to have an impact with little effort and to learn the
genesys backend in the process. The only reason why I didn't do that
myself was that it's almost impossible to find used GL646 scanners for
sale in my country and I didn't look into eBay yet as I have a lot of
other scanners in the queue.

Regards,
Povilas