[sane-devel] Canon Pixma TS6260 / Ubuntu 18.04

John john.tait at zoho.com
Sun Nov 3 21:15:48 GMT 2019

To others with this printer / scanner.  I believe the Europe version is
TS6250.

I have been unable to access the scanner using sane-pixma even when
using the latest version from repository ppa:rolfbensch/sane-git.

If I explicitly specify the printer in pixma.conf then scanimage -L
shows this information.

[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] bjnp_init_device_structure: Cannot read mac address, skipping
this scanner
[bjnp] udp_command: ERROR - no data received (timeout = 10000)
[bjnp] add_scanner: ERROR - Cannot read scanner make & model:
bjnp://192.168.178.42:8612/timeout=10000

I can access the scanner using the canon-pixma backend provided by
project https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2. Although there is a
link to a ubuntu launchpad I cloned the project and built and installed
the driver locally as described on the project homepage.
<https://github.com/Ordissimo/scangearmp2>

Nga mihi

JohnT