[sane-devel] Small issue in configure

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Mon Nov 4 21:13:21 GMT 2019

Hi all,
I noticed a small inssue in the ./configure --help output:

Optional Packages:
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-
PACKAGE=no)
  --with-pic[=PKGS]       try to use only PIC/non-PIC objects
[default=use
                          both]
  --with-aix-soname=aix|svr4|both
                          shared library versioning (aka "SONAME")
variant to
                          provide on AIX, [default=aix].
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld
[default=no]
  --with-sysroot[=DIR]    Search for dependent libraries within DIR (or
the
                          compiler's sysroot if not specified).
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld
[default=no]
  --with-libiconv-prefix[=DIR]  search for libiconv in DIR/include and
DIR/lib
  --without-libiconv-prefix     don't search for libiconv in includedir
and libdir
  --with-libintl-prefix[=DIR]  search for libintl in DIR/include and
DIR/lib
  --without-libintl-prefix     don't search for libintl in includedir
and libdir
  --with-group            use the specified group for lock dir
[default=uucp]
  --with-gphoto2          include the gphoto2 backend [default=yes]
  --with-v4l              include the v4l backend [default=yes]
  --with-snmp             enable SNMP support [default=yes]
  --with-systemd          enable systemd support [default=yes]
  --with-usb              enable USB support [default=check]
  --with-usb-record-replay
                          enable USB record and replay to XML files
                          [default=yes]
  --with-lockdir=DIR      set SANE lockdir [localstatedir/lock/sane]
  --with-api-spec         convert API spec to supported output formats
                          [default=check]

the --with-gnu-ld is listed twice.  I am not familiar enough with all
the autofoo tools, so I thought I'd mention it here. Maybe somebody
with better skills can check and see if this causes some issue

BR, Louis