[sane-devel] Canoscan 5200F

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 06:59:35 GMT 2019

Hi,
I have come into possession of a Canoscan 5200F.

It is reported by sane-find-scanner as a gl842 but having cracked it
open, I don't see any sign of one of those.
Just what looks like a proprietary controller with numbers on that I do
not recognise and no maker's mark, and some other ancillaries including
a bank of EDO RAM.

Is there any chance that this thing might be a gl842 in disguise, or
perhaps a misdetect?

I just saw a posting from someone else just now from 2015 also having a
look inside one of these and reporting the same hardware.

Interested if anyone has a view on what protocol this might be using.
Perhaps a project for me after looking at something simpler like the
Canoscan 3000F, which is apparently a gl646.

Cheers,
Ralph