[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670 (was: Canoscan Lide 90)

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:05:11 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:33 AM Ralph Little <skelband at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2019-11-02 4:55 a.m., Povilas Kanapickas wrote:
> >
> > >From my side I would recommend looking into GL646 scanners. I only had
> > HP 2300 for testing, but I did a lot of changes in the area and thus
> > probably broke many of the other scanners. The breakage would be
> > relatively simple to fix and not very hard to find using bisecting, so
> > it's a great way to have an impact with little effort and to learn the
> > genesys backend in the process. The only reason why I didn't do that
> > myself was that it's almost impossible to find used GL646 scanners for
> > sale in my country and I didn't look into eBay yet as I have a lot of
> > other scanners in the queue.
> >

> OK, I have been given an HP Scanjet 3670 (which is in that gl646 list)
> and I can report that as of Rolf's PPA (recent 1.0.28 ), this scanner
> doesn't work. It pauses for a moment, the lamp goes out, and then it
> hangs if I try to get a preview.
> I tested on Windows 7 64bit with the official Vista driver and the
> machine does indeed function.

Tested on 1.0.27. git bisecting is painful, since a lot of the checkins are
not compileable.

The scanner support is still broken, albeit much less so.
Although the head motor makes a noise, the head does not move during scan.
It just scans the same line over and over again.
It does move during the scan prep, just not during the acquisition phase.
Perhaps the motor definition is incorrect?

I will try to fix the support in 1.0.27 to get a USB trace that I can
compare with (since it almost works), then move to git default for a proper
fix.

Cheers,
Ralph