[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 173, Issue 25

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Nov 23 18:04:02 GMT 2019

субота, 23 листопада 2019 р. 19:55:02 EET ви написали:
> Hi Yuri -
>
> Thanks for your detailed email! I ran the commands and it seems it detects
> the scanner when running as sudo.
> Thus *sudo sane-find-scanner* works, but *sane-find-scanner* does not.
>
> In your interpreter commands noted, some of them did not run even though
> the previous ones worked.
>
> Instead of explaining them, thought I would just send them over. Thus he
> commands are attached.
>
> But essentially it seems to be problem with finding the interpreter
> command. I tried with sudo as well:
> monosij at blue:~$ interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x013a
> /usr/lib/esci/libesci-interpreter-perfection-v600
> interpreter: command not found
> monosij at blue:~$ sudo interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x013a
> /usr/lib/esci/libesci-interpreter-perfection-v600
> sudo: interpreter: command not found
> monosij at blue:~$ interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x013a
> /usr/lib/esci/libesci-interpreter-perfection-v600
> interpreter: command not found
> monosij at blue:~$ iscan-registry -r interpreter usb 0x04b8 0x013a
> /usr/lib/esci/libesci-interpreter-perfection-v600
> sed: couldn't open temporary file /var/lib/iscan/sedkJn36b: Permission
> denied
> monosij at blue:~$ iscan
> Gtk-Message: 12:28:42.614: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> monosij at blue:~$ sudo iscan   *-- works and opens iscan, detects right
> scanner and scans fine*
> Gtk-Message: 12:49:07.331: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> The list of commands I ran is attached.
>
> I am trying to get the scanner to work with gsan2pdf with which worked fine
> before - and that still does not detect the scanner.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Mono

Sorry for misguiding you with faulty line breaks. Anyway the source of the
problem was other than I think first. It's not the scanner registration, but a
problem with permissions.

Please follow these instructions (second advice):

https://askubuntu.com/questions/192134/iscan-only-runs-as-root

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri