[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 173, Issue 25

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Nov 26 19:50:04 GMT 2019

вівторок, 26 листопада 2019 р. 21:10:41 EET ви написали:
> Hi Yuri -
>
> To follow up - I created the and even gave it execute permissions:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 757 Oct 16 13:03 60-vboxdrv.rules
> -rwxr-xrwx 1 root root 168 Nov 24 12:20 80-scanner.rules
>
> I had already run adduser for myself to saned and scanner.
>
> My 80-scanner.rules files is as below:
> # change device EPSON owner group
> ATTRS{manufacturer}=="EPSON", DRIVERS=="usb", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb",
> ATTRS{idVendor}=="04b8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0x013a", GROUP="scanner"
>
> Please note my: ATTRS{idProduct}=="0x013a" to reflect the V600.
>
> These commands below still give the errors as sudo seems to be different
> than non-sudo. I ran them as per instructions on *Test The Command*: from
> your link: https://askubuntu.com/questions/192134/iscan-only-runs-as-root
>
> use udevadm control –reload to load your rule. use lsusb to find your
> device /dev path to check if your rule is functioning, test with the follow
> command:
>
> *$ sudo udevadm test $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>)
> 2>&1 | grep -i group --color*
> bash: command substitution: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
> bash: command substitution: line 7: `udevadm info -q path -n
> /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>)'
> *$ udevadm test $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>) 2>&1
>
> | grep -i group --color*
>
> bash: command substitution: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
> bash: command substitution: line 8: `udevadm info -q path -n
> /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>)'
>
> I am not sure if I should have substituted */<bus>/<device>* for something
> else?

You can use lsusb to determine <bus> and <device> values:

[yurchor at localhost ~]$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04b8:0142 Seiko Epson Corp. GT-F730 [GT-S630/Perfection
V33/V330 Photo]

Here, <bus> is 002 and <device> is 004.

Now (in a line),

sudo udevadm test $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/bus/usb/002/004) 2>&1 | grep
-i group --color

should show you the 'scanner' group as owner.

You may try to open /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules and search for the
line 'EPSON Perfection V600 Photo'

For me, it's

TTRS{idVendor}=="04b8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="013a", MODE="0644", GROUP="usb",
ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

Notice the owner group (in my case it's "usb". Then try to add you to "usb"
group as well

sudo adduser [YOU] usb

Hope this helps at last.

Best regards,