[sane-devel] Scanner stocks

Jeroen Van den Keybus jeroen.vandenkeybus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:04:21 BST 2019

Hello Ralph,

I don't know which chip the LiDE 30 uses, but the LiDE 220 definitely uses
a GL124.

I think that we are technologically rapidly approaching a point where it is
no longer viable to reverse engineer an OEM product. IMO it is far more
important to have a good and stable framework so the OEMs / chipset
providers are encouraged to have a team writing Linux drivers for their
scanner products. They may even see the benefit of defining a device
class...

So I would guess that a collection of devices is certainly useful for
verification, but not necessarily so for development, and even so, the
collection could quickly become obsolete.

Perhaps a list could be made with user e-mail addresses and the hardware
they own ?

J.