[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.5.7 released
jffry at posteo.net
Sat Oct 12 14:46:45 BST 2019
gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Five clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or
a selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libimage-sane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple
operations such as cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file,
or single page image file.
Changelog for 2.5.7:
* Recognise "Document Table" as flatbed for imagescan backend.
* Use option name as label for those options with no title.
* Extended edit profile functionality in scan dialog to frontend
* Close device when switching frontends so as not to block SANE for the
* Allow tool processes to immediately continue working on subsequent
pages despite errors on previous ones.
* Fix infinite loop scanning reverse pages
* Update to German translation (thanks to Stephan Woidowski)
* Update to Italian translation (thanks to Albano Battistella)
* Update to Russion translation (thanks to Olesya Gerasimenko)
* Update to Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the sane-devel