License pop-up

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:25:58 BST 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 7:01 AM m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ha! I happen to work with the guy who filed that bug report. He's no
> longer particularly interested, but I agree with his original
> assessment. We should remove the popup, it is silly.

One solution that I might suggest to maybe keep the peace between both
camps is to enhance the dialogue that pops up when searching for scan
devices when the application is started.
It currently says something like "Search for devices...." and typically
takes a few seconds.
I could expand that to something more like a splash screen which shows the
logo and a small message which mentions the license and such, along with
the searching message.
It would not have a button to accept, but would show the usual "NO
WARRANTY" legalese that is pretty common.
I actually think it would be more appealing and is inline with how many
applications announce themselves these days.
It would be part of future work (and before our next release), but probably
wouldn't involve much effort.

Views?

Cheers,
Ralph