[sane-devel] gscan2pdf v2.5.6 released

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Thu Sep 12 22:25:44 BST 2019

Hi Jeff,,

Am 12.09.19 um 18:28 schrieb Jeff:
> pdftk is only necessary if you want to encrypt PDFs. Otherwise, you
> can ignore the warning.
> The package is called pdftk-java in Debian now, for the reasons that Mikhail gave. i.e.
>
> sudo apt install pdftk-java
>
> if you have Debian Buster or Ubuntu Cosmic or newer.
>
> Otherwise, Mikhail's solution should work, as would upgrading to a newer distro.

Much thanks for you input. Well I think I don't need encrypting, so it's
irrelevant for me. Anyway I think, it would be a nice idea to add pdftk
to the PPA.

I was in hope, gscan2pdf could help me to solve my problem, I described
here: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/frontend/xsane/issues/3

It seens, it doesn't.

-Ulf