[sane-devel] Missing list subject header

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Thu Sep 12 22:55:34 BST 2019

Hi Torfinn,

yes, using a professional mail client, this can work.

One problem is server-side filtering when using IMAP. For example my
email provider (one of the biggest in Germany) doesn't support filtering
on arbitrary header fields such as the List-* headers,

Another problem is for people, who only temporarily subscribe to the
list, just to solve one single problem. For them it's more convenient,
to look for the readable / visual "crutch" in the subject line than to
setup a special subfolder + filter or even implement some magic.

Finally the filtering on List-* headers doesn't work, when people use
the "Answer All" function. In this case there are no List-* headers in
the resulting message.

-Ulf