[sane-devel] Paul Newall - Kodak ESP 5 AiO

Paul Newall p.newalls at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 9 07:04:44 GMT 2020

As Andy Bennett is suggesting, perhaps try to eliminate the possibility
that it's the cable, maybe try a different usb cable. I guess the ESP5
can only connect with usb (not network) so you can't try alternative
connecting methods?

After that I think I would be trying to look at debug logs to see which
bit of sane is giving the "communications failure" message. Then we
might be able to see in the source code what might cause that message.

I think you can do a scan in terminal something like this

    root at acer:~# scanimage -L 2>sanedebug.txt

in order to catch the debug log in the file sanedebug.txt. It's possible
to vary the amount of detail in the file.

Paul