[sane-devel] SANE and duplex ADF

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Wed Dec 9 08:51:02 GMT 2020

Hi!

> Can you make a duplex ADF device behave like a simplex ADF that scans
> only one side of a sheet?

It is depends on backend (the driver), but in general for well-supported
devices ADF is fully supported.

> Can this be done with SANE (imagescan) or do you make such a setting
> directly on your scanning device? Would be great to have such a choice
> with imagescan, this lets you choose from case to case.

Imagescan is maintained by EPSON, it is not part of SANE project (though
it is compatible with SANE).

> I may get an Epson XP-7100 which seems like a reasonably priced duplex
> ADF device.

This scanner supports eSCL (AirScan) protocol, so you will have a choice
of two opensource drivers: sane-escl and sane-airscan.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)