[sane-devel] sane-backends-1.0.31, issue with HP 5370C

Byron Campbell wa4geg at aim.com
Fri Dec 18 13:01:40 GMT 2020

Not sure if this is the best place to report a sane-backends issue, but
I don't have a github account to report directly to upstream. Perhaps
someone can relay the following as/if necessary?

Regards, Byron Campbell

sane-backends-1.0.31,  issue with HP 5370C flatbed scanner,

Problem: incorrect scan resolution (output image size)

xsane-0.999 front-end settings:

Normal
Color
Full Color Range
300 DPI
2544*3292 (21.6cm x 27.88cm)

ISSUE: the resulting sane-backends output is a scanned image (out.pnm)
size: 2544*6584, or double length; 2*3292=6584
The best way I can describe the issue; sane-backends is not honoring
xsane frontend settings, and I've experimented with ALL the settings.

Additionally, I've verified that the problem is present and identical on
Linux, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD using sane-backends-1.0.31 and xsane-0.999.

Interestingly, the problem is nonexistent for an older backup machine
that has sane-backends-1.0.29, but with the same xsane-0.999 frontend.