[sane-devel] Using "scanimage" under Gentoo

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Tue Feb 11 08:55:57 GMT 2020

Hi Rainer,

Dr Rainer Woitok writes:

> Olaf,
>
> On Saturday, 2020-02-08 12:12:00 +0900, you wrote:

>> > I've appended file "config.status" below.  However, file "config.log" is
>> > about 300+ kB in size and thus would be quarantained again.  Is it ok to
>> > mail it only to you privately?
>>
>> You already did ;-)
>> By sending mail to me and the list.  Only mail to the list is moderated
>> so that mail to me went through fine.
>
> I had meanwhile noticed myself, after I again put my mind at ease :-)

:-)

> But what is the preferred procedure to provide such information or debug
> output obtained with "SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=127 scanimage"?

I don't think we really have a generally prefered procedure but you can

 1. wait for the moderator to approve your mail
 2. compress largish attachments before sending your message to the list
 3. provide a link to a location where you put the file (think pastebin
    or similar)
 4. submit an issue over at GitLab.com and attach the file there

# Personally, I prefer 4 with 2 and 1 as runners up.

Hope this helps,