[sane-devel] sane-airscan

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Sat Jan 4 21:13:36 GMT 2020

On Fri, 2020-01-03 at 23:54 -0500, Steven Santos wrote:
> I have a few I will try later.
>
> But this begs the question, if this driver works, are the others only
> needed for legacy scanners?
>
> Virtually everything new supports airprint...

My Canon Maxify 5400 does support airscan, but I have not yet had time
to test all options. So in my case both the pixma and escl backends
support my scanner. But right now the other backends have proven
support, escl will need some time to mature (and the tested scanners
need to be listed in /docs/descriptions/escl.desc.
It is up to the backend maintainers to decide if they want to add new
scanners (that can still be supported) in the "legacy" backends.

There is also the issue of supporting USB scanners.

BR, Louis