[sane-devel] Possible Sponsorship for Avision Backend Modification

daniel at pixelgrease.co daniel at pixelgrease.co
Sat Jan 4 21:34:51 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I tried to download the source, and get editing. I am a competent
programmer (was my fun time job for 3 years) but I've never worked with
C or C++.

Got lost at trying to build an environment that supported debugging.
Some error about a missing file when I attempted to compile.

My use case for the scanner is very simple. I just need a simple colour
scan at a set dpi. Don't need any fancy features. (not sure if that
helps or not)

Is anyone here capable of adding a device to the Avision driver? I can
supply a ssh into a device connected to the scanner.

Any idea of how much this would cost?

Below is the initial call for help I sent out last week regarding the
device

Thanks!

Daniel Wilson
0468884549
daniel at pixelgrease.co

Hello all,

Been trying to get a scanner with an avision scanner to work. The
scanner name is "WorldCard Pro (Win/Mac)"
http://www.penpowerinc.com/product.asp?sn=407

It's not listed as supported, but thought I might get lucky. My thinking
was that if it's supported by Mac, it should work with linux. Tried
specifying all sorts of values in /etc/sane.d/avision.conf but nothing
seemed to work.

Is there a way to add support to the existing avision backend?

Thanks for  your help!

Daniel

Chip inside scanner

NOVATEK