[sane-devel] [New backend] Web Services for Devices - wsd-scan
kkaempf at suse.de
Mon Jan 6 07:06:27 GMT 2020
based on previous discussions and out of personal need, I
started to develop a new backend, implementing the Web Services for
This initial release is very limited but working. It scans a single
page from the 'Platen' source and writes the resulting scan to
I intend to improve the driver over the coming weeks. At this point
it's working in "developer mode" and I'm looking for feedback and
How to compile:
- check out, compile, and install openwsd from 
- check out, compile, and install the 'wsd-scan' branch from 
How to run:
- You first need to discover your scanner URL
- check out 'wsdd' from 
(this should probably go to saned)
- run it as './src/wsdd.py -i <ethernet-device> -4 -v'
- write down the reported URL.
(for me it's 'http://192.168.0.112:80/ws')
- run 'scanimage' with '-d wsd_scan:<discovered-url>'
- view 'output.jpeg'
 Search the internet for "dell c2665dnf touch screen not working" :-/
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH; GF: Felix Imendörffer; (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
More information about the sane-devel