[sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 179, Issue 6

Mike X echn-aton at outlook.de
Mon May 4 14:06:29 BST 2020

________________________________
Von: Thierry HUCAHRD <thierry at ordissimo.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Mai 2020 13:58
An: Mike X <echn-aton at outlook.de>
Cc: sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net <sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net>; sane-devel <sane-devel-bounces+thierry=substantiel.fr at alioth-lists.debian.net>
Betreff: Re: [sane-devel] sane-devel Digest, Vol 179, Issue 6

Le 2020-05-04 13:08, Mike X a écrit :
>> Hello together,
>>

>>>  I subscribed because I have an issue with my Canon Pixma TS6150 on
>
>>> USB after upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

>  Hi Rolf,
>  thank you for the prompt answer and the invitation.
>  Due to my night shift at work I installes the update today, however,
> the issue continues.
>  Do you think that another fresh Ubuntu installation would work out?
>  Anything I can publish more?
>  Any other idea?

Hi Mike,
It's Ordissimo who answered you :)
Rolf is in charge of the PIXMA backends.
If you have the ippusbxd package installed (it seems to be a choice of
ubuntu),
it prevents the PIXMA driver from working.
$ apt purge ippusbxd

Ordissimo

>  Thank you in advance

Please, excuse me, Ordissimo, that I got the wrong name.
However, thanks a lot, uninstalling the ippusbxd package, it worked out.
After a lot of changes I don't know, whether it is an issue of cups or whether I deleted something too much. I had to install the original driver from Canon to be able to print.
Nevertheless, all is working now and I can happily go to bed to sleep before my next night shift.