[sane-devel] Red tint on scans in XSane & Skanlite

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Sun May 17 09:44:02 BST 2020

Hi all,

I recently tried to do some scans and noticed they started turning out
with a noticeable red tint which they didn’t have previously. You can
see some comparisons and my initial explorations into the issue here:
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/red-tint-on-scans/476126?u=freso

I asked on IRC for help to further figure this issue out, but got
referred to this mailing list, so here I am. :)

The issue happens with XSane (0.999) and Skanlite (2.1.0.1) on my
laptop, but simple-scan (3.36.2.1) and scanimage on the laptop both
scanned without the red tint and the same XSane version on my desktop
also doesn’t have this red tint. I tried copying over the .cal file from
the desktop to the laptop, but that didn’t fix it.

I’ve also tried removing the ~/.sane directory entirely, but that didn’t
fix it either.

Given that it works (doesn’t have red tint) on some software on the
laptop and also doesn’t have the red tint on my desktop makes me assume
that it is not a hardware issue (for the scanner at least).

System is Arch Linux, sane is at 1.0.29, scanner is Canon LiDE 110.

Any hints/suggestions for what I can do to fix this would be greatly
appreciated. XSane is so far the only UI I’ve tried that is flexible
enough for my needs, so just using simple-scan or scanimage is not an
option. :/

--
Solidarity,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <https://freso.dk/>