[sane-devel] Hardware Donation Canon Lide 600F

Georg Sauthoff mail at gms.tf
Tue May 19 10:31:00 BST 2020

Hello,

I have a spare Canon Lide 600F scanner that I'm willing to donate to
a SANE developer who wants to work on SANE support for this hardware.

Simple things first:

- I'm paying shipment costs; I thus prefer shipments to Germany/Europe
  in favor of more expensive options
- It's a hardware donation - no strings attached - which goes both ways,
  i.e. I don't pay for your working hours
- You don't have to send it back
- If you are interested please include some 'proof' for being a SANE
  developer in your mail

Although the scanner is pretty old, it should be in pretty good
condition, i.e. not much used. I can't notice any scratches.

The scanner was last attached to a Windows XP machine in 2013 or so,
where it worked.

It's relatively compact, it can also be stored vertically.

It comes with a film adapter unit.

You need a standard USB mini connector cable and the device is also
powered through USB.

The case also reads K10291.

Currently, SANE doesn't support this scanner:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

There is some preliminary reverse engineered information available (last
update 2017):
http://www.juergen-ernst.de/info_sane.html

Vendor information:
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/lide_series/canoscan_lide_600f.html?type=manuals&language=en

Best regards
Georg

--
'/usr/share/doc/glibc/BUGS: No such file or directory'
  2016, `dnf update` on Fedora 23, glibc has no bugs ...