[sane-devel] config conflict on Ubuntu update

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Mon May 25 18:03:53 BST 2020

Hi Olaf,

Am 25.05.20 um 13:55 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
> I've removed the package version from the configuration file in
>
>    08613aad26776ef4bea41e5554a369ef9ed9403e
Great!

>> When I would accept the new config file version, then my Mustek
>> scanner would no more work.
>>
>> It's not a problem, to adjust this manually, but maybe you have an
>> idea how to prevent from this conflict.
> As for the difference in the uncommented entry, that's something
> specific to your setup that should be handled by your distribution's
> packaging.

This is a custom change from my side to make my Mustek scanner work. See https://gitlab.com/sane-project/frontend/xsane/-/issues/15

So after your new patch I now can click "Keep old version" in case of update, without having a non up-to-date config file. This is fine.

I'm not aware, if the Ubuntu packaging manager distinguishes between comments and real setting changes. If, then I I'm in good hope, it would accept the custom setting without prompting for choice between existing and packages default content.

-Ulf