[sane-devel] how to configure/scan with an Epson Xp-4100 printer/scanner

Thierry HUCHARD thierry at ordissimo.com
Thu Nov 5 08:12:43 GMT 2020

Le 2020-11-05 08:49, Marco Fioretti a écrit :
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 08:41, Thierry HUCHARD <thierry at ordissimo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> ipp-usb works better than ippusbxd.
>> sane-airscan and sane-escl are two free alternatives.
>
> but are these three or four alternatives mutually exclusive? Should I
> uninstall one before installing another, if the first does not work?
> That was the sense of my question (I assume that ippusbxd,
> sane-airscan and sane-escl are included in the packages that Thierry
> said to install, or not?)
>
> Marco
>
>> imagescan is the official epson driver for your device.
>> To my knowledge all 3 work.
The 3 alternatives can work in parallel, it is not excluded!
If you use your device in usb with imagescan you don't need ippusbxd or
ipp-usb.
It is possible that your device is not visible by imagescan because of
ippusbxd.
The commands I gave you only provide sane-escl which is integrated with
sane.
Alexander provided you with the links to install ipp-usb and
sane-airscan.