[sane-devel] Neat ND-1000 GL843 Genesys Scanner Support

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 06:27:35 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-11-23 7:13 p.m., Jared Faivre wrote:

> I would try adding these into the codebase and compiling myself, but
> as I said, I didn't figure out a working build environment. Any
> thoughts on getting this to work?

I have one obtained one of these cutesy little scanners and I did plan
to look it at some point in the distant future, so good luck with that.

There are basic build instructions here:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends

However, to summarise on Debian you can get the build dependencies with:

sudo apt build-dep libsane
sudo apt install libxml2-dev git

Then:

git clone https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends.git
or
git clone git at gitlab.com:sane-project/backends.git

...depending on if you have an account on gitlab and an ssh key
registered there.

cd backends
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

The usual suspects for building on a Linux system.

Cheers,
Ralph