[sane-devel] Pixma future

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:08:27 GMT 2020

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 2:01 AM Alexander Pevzner <pzz at apevzner.com> wrote:

> Obviously, this is better not to implement emulation of missed (in
> hardware) features in the drivers, to avoid code duplication and having
> an assortment of independent, often incompatible implementations of the
> similar features.

Nonsense. You can have every driver implement a consistent level of
features, and only have a single implementation of emulated functions.
You just need a library like sanei_magic, which is already used by a
number of existing backends to provide software deskew and autocrop
functions. It would be pretty easy to do something similar for
binarization.

allan
of my hand"