[sane-devel] Pixma future

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Nov 26 12:02:26 GMT 2020

Hello,

only a side note FYI:

On 2020-11-26 12:42, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> I remember horror stories with stacked CUPS filters rotating pages or
> doing n-ups repeatedly.  In a bad case you could end up with a total
> rotation being a multiple of 360 degrees, for a net no rotation, and
> compounding 2-ups so you'd get 16 pages to a sheet :-o

Such scaring stories are nicely described by me for your pleasure,
see
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Landscape_Printing
"There is no such thing as 'landscape printing'"
and
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_Copies
"There is no such thing as 'just printing copies'"

SCNR ;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany