[sane-devel] define custom settings for epkowa

Mon Nov 30 15:41:33 GMT 2020

Hi there!

I use an Epson multifunctional device, a BX305F, almost 10 years old.

I mostly use the epkowa backend and its /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf config file.

scanimage -A shows the available options for this device, I would like
to set a default contrast value.

I tried these lines in epkowa.conf:

contrast 23
contrast=23
"contrast" 23
--contrast 23

None of them worked....

I often use LibreOffice for scanning documents to get them quickly into
the office app.

No matter what I try in epkowa.conf, the LibreOffice scan menu always
shows the same default values, which is e.g. contrast 0.

How the heck can I now make some custom settings in the epkowa.backend?

Thanks a lot for any hint !