[sane-devel] PIXMA TS8300 Series not working

Yoann Le Montagner yo35 at melix.net
Mon Oct 5 22:14:43 BST 2020

Hi,

I've installed both ipp-usb and sane-airscan, following the instructions
on https://github.com/alexpevzner/sane-airscan, and uninstalled
ippusbxd. I've sent a first mail to the list reporting that this
manipulation didn't fixed the problem ('scanimage -L' was still
returning "No scanner were identified..."). But I've retried the same
test after a while, and now it appears to work:

yoann at yoann-desktop:~$ scanimage -L
Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
�
^
device `escl:http://127.0.0.1:60000' is a Canon TS8300 series (USB)
flatbed scanner
device `airscan:e0:Canon TS8300 series (USB)' is a eSCL Canon TS8300
series (USB) eSCL network scanner

I've tried to use the scan with scanimage, with device "escl:http:..."
on one hand, and "airscan:e0:..." on the other hand. Both seem to work.
XSane seems to work too. I will do some more tests tomorrow to confirm
that. I don't whether one "device" should be preferred on the other ?

Please find attached the output of 'SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L' in
which appears the warning regarding the parser error.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Yoann