[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Sun Oct 18 01:33:03 BST 2020

Hi Ralph, Charles,

Ralph Little writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2020-10-17 12:37 p.m., Charles Lindsey wrote:
>>
> [...]
>
> Yayy!
>>
>> I also found a few oddities:
>> in plustek.c, it declares:
>>  struct SIGACTION act;
>> However, that struct is nowhere defined. I had to change it to
>>  struct sigaction act;
>> and also
>> #include <signal.h>
>>
> Not sure about that. SIGACTION of probably generated by autoconf and so
> customized for the platform.

A quick `git grep SIGACTION` shows that it's defined in
include/sane/sanei_backend.h to either sigaction or sigvec depending on
what ./configure finds.  Since Charles didn't install autoconf and
cobbled together a config.h by himself, he probably didn't include
anything for HAVE_SIGPROCMASK and ended up using sigvec.

>> Also, when running xsane and even simple-scan, it produced massive
>> warnings of the form:
>> MIB search path:
>> /home/chl/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/iana:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
>> Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (HOST-RESOURCES-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (DISMAN-EVENT-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (MTA-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (NETWORK-SERVICES-MIB): At line 1 in (none)
>> Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TC): At line 15 in
>> /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-DISKIO-MI
>> and much more. But I did not see them when using my own compiled
>> backend-plustek.
>>
> Sorry, don't know about that.

Those warnings are courtesy of libsnmp and I think you compiled without.

The Ubuntu bug report you mentioned talks about the possibility that
colord-sane may be causing this.  FWIW, we fixed a couple of backends a
few months ago so that they no longer generate network traffic when the
local-only option is used.  See

  https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/130

for details.

> Regarding the original problem in the cached files, it seems to me that
> it might be worthwhile version stamping these files so that we can
> change their format and flush out buggy ones with a version bump.
>
> Something to consider in future I guess.

Hope this helps,